Debt Recovery Tribunals has been set up to effectively to facilitate the recovery of credited cash from borrowers which is owed to banks and financial institutions from clients. The Petitions against orders went through DRTs precedes the Debts Recovery Appellate Tribunal (DRAT)
The debt recovery appellate tribunals were set up in 5 places in India, they are; Mumbai, Delhi, Allahabad, Kolkata, Chennai and the debt recovery tribunals were set up in 23 places in India. The total numbers of tribunals are 32.
Debt Recovery Tribunal (DRT)
39 DRTs in India are handling following matters
· Bank recoveries under RDDBFI ACT (The Recovery of Debts Due to Banks and Financial Institutions Act, 1993)
· Recovery of secured debts from the borrowers without the intervention of the Courts at the first stage in DRT under SARFAESI Act (The Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets & Enforcement of Security Interest Act, 2002)
· Individual & Partnership’s Insolvency Resolution Process
· Individual & Partnership’s Bankruptcy Process
Debts Recovery Appellate Tribunal (
Debts Recovery Appellate Tribunal (DRAT)
Debt Recovery Appellate Tribunals
5 DRATs in India are handling appellate matters of DRT. Matters are as given above under DRT.
There are 39 DRTs and 5 DRATs, which are single Member Tribunals. The jurisdiction of DRATs and list of DRTs is as below:
• DRAT Delhi (Jurisdiction over 7 DRTs)
DRTs at Delhi (1, 2, 3), DRTs at Chandigarh (1, 2, 3) and DRT Jaipur.
• DRAT Mumbai (Jurisdiction over 8 DRTs)
DRTs at Mumbai (1, 2, 3), DRTs at Ahmedabad (1,2), DRT Aurangabad, DRT Pune, DRT Nagpur.
• DRAT Allahabad (Jurisdiction over 6 DRTs)
DRT Allahabad, DRT Dehradun, DRT Jabalpur, DRT Lucknow, DRT Patna and DRT Ranchi.
• DRAT Chennai (Jurisdiction over 9 DRTs)
DRTs at Chennai (1, 2, 3), DRTs at Bengaluru (1, 2), DRT Coimbatore, DRTs at Ernakulam (1, 2), and DRT Madurai.
• DRAT Kolkata (Jurisdiction over 9 DRTs)
DRTs at Kolkata (1, 2, 3), DRT Cuttack, DRT Guwahati, DRTs at Hyderabad (1, 2), DRT Siliguri and DRT Visakhapatnam.
After DRAT appeal shall be at the Supreme Court of India on Law & Constitutional points.
For Legal Advice, Call & WhatsApp: 8459194576, 7719913587